Some challenges I faced while completing this project was the obstacle of finding inspiration. I felt like my skills were not advanced enough to manipulate the shapes of the wingding and dingbat text, so I just created my own. The color palette was an easy decision because the colors were easy on the eyes, and I used the same palette for the edited version of my web banners. Then I was kind of confused as to whether to create actual logos or just icons but I eventually figured it out after going over the assignment requirements again and speaking to my classmates.
Another challenge I had was recreating the social media icons. The Pathfinder and Shape Building tools are tricky to use, but hopefully with more experience I’ll be able to master building shapes with these tools. For the designs I wanted something simple and something that felt as closely related to my style as possible. I did not want to just recreate standard website icons.